Hallmark has a dedicated field Retail Real Estate team who reviews and negotiates sites on behalf of our retailers. If you are a retail real estate developer or broker (please indicate which one you are on the contact form) and have a location you would like for Hallmark to consider that will meet the general site criteria below, please fill out our Real Estate Opportunities contact form.
You will be prompted to enter information for you and for the site. Your comments will be sent to a member of our field real estate team who will consider your location for possible distribution.
Hallmark Store Site Selection Criteria
Open Air Centers
- Locations in centers with GLA of 85,000 square feet to 500,000 square feet with grocery or super center anchors
Store / Location Criteria
- Size: 3,000 – 4,500 square feet
- Visibility: Unobstructed storefront with clear visibility to the primary road and center entrance. All sign bands must accommodate Hallmark’s registered trademark.
- Prefer minimum of 30 feet
- Prefer 100 feet or less
- Rectangular to square. No “L” backs or pie-shaped rooms.
- “Vanilla” shell / box plus allowance, or built to suit
General Real Estate Criteria
- Initial Term: No longer than five (5) years, three (3) years preferred
- Options: Five-year Options
- Ancillary Rents
- Prorate based on GLA
- Base year fixed
- Annual increases capped
- Co-Tenancy: Opening, major tenant and specialty tenant co-tenancy
- Radius Restrictions: None
ALL locations will be evaluated using some or all of the following criteria:
- Location within the corridor
- Location within the center
- Relative strength of anchor stores
- Strength of center within trade area
- Center retail sales per square foot, actual or estimated
- Strength of specialty tenants
- Visibility, ingress and egress from the corridor
- Greeting card distribution in the center
- Signing opportunities